Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Garden Progress: Moving the starts outside

I am in the "in-and-out" phase. I transplanted all my starts to various pots and they are getting nice sun during the day outside; but I have to bring them in at night since it is still getting down to the upper 30's.

I left one pot out last night since it was supposed to be 45 F, but it got a little singed. Sorry peppers.  

 Cilantro is growing in its milk jug greenhouse

Possibly my favorite Spring smell -- Lilacs in bloom

Seeds in the garden boxes so far:

  • lettuce
  • beets 
  • radishes
Perennials coming back or reseeded in the garden boxes:

  • strawberries
  • onions
  • dill


  • rutabaga??  -- was not expecting that one 


Things I expected (usually reseed themselves or are perennial), but that might not have survived the cold winter... since I have not seen them yet:

  • Rosemary
  • Mint
  • Parsley

No comments:

Post a Comment