Sunday, April 13, 2014

Garden Progress: Coming back to life

The perennials are all coming back to life.

1. Oregano

2. Honey Berries

3. Fruit Trees -- the Santa Rosa plum tree

 4. The Currant Bushes -- I spread pine needles around the blueberries and a few extras around the currant bushes. Blueberries like acidic soil and the currants like moderately acidic soil.

5. Red Raspberries and Quince -- hopefully soon to cover some uglies on the exterior of our house

  A few milk jug greenhouses on the deck -- with more to come.  I am so behind on the garden since I lost all of March. I planted beets and lettuces, but opted to skip the peas since I was a month late. The weather here always shifts quickly to summer temperatures. It was 50s and now it is in the 80s.  I think it is hard on the plants. Also I already spotted 3 deer nibbling on my strawberry plants in the garden. I was sooo upset. I ran out the door and threw a rock at them. I have not seen them since.  I will be putting up the netting to keep them out as soon as I can possibly get to it.



1 comment:

  1. Your plants look good! At our last house we had only a little 3ft fence and luckily only had a problem with the deer once. Of all the things I had in my garden they ate...the strawberries. They must love them! I hope you don't have any more problems!

    ReplyDelete