Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter Festivities

I did not take out the Easter decorations until Friday this year because I knew that I would be cleaning up plastic eggs constantly. I was right...

Kid managed and directed egg hunt -- Practicing for the real egg hunt on Sunday afternoon
I am a few days late in my blogging due to Easter Sunday busyness. I told the kiddos about a week before that we were going to try to minimize the amount of Easter candy this year. They got presents (books:) and animal crackers in their baskets and the only candy was from the egg hunt.


We left a few things to the last minute, like the egg dyeing, which we did Sunday morning. Instead of buying a kit this year, I tried one of the pinterest food coloring recipes and it worked great.



I like to try to be sort of matched up as a family for Easter, but I never do it very formally or buy anything special for it.  This year we were all shades of blue. Navy blue pants on brother M and navy shirt for big sis A. All the boys wore the matching blue ties I made them for Christmas. Baby S wore the blue striped seersucker suit handed down from big brother M. 


I wore the long version of a kelly skirt that I made with a heavy vintage blue and white seersucker. It all came together really well for being so improvised.


We had the Easter Egg Hunt and a ham dinner with my brother's family. It was a riot as always. 

The anticipation of starting the egg hunt was killing them

I just told him to "say cheese" and got this scowl


And they ran for their candy!



Pleased with their results

Getting to know the chickens -- It is easier to pet them when they are corralled







No comments:

Post a Comment