Sunday, August 25, 2013

Reuse Project: Old Wooden Toilet Seat

Is it possible to take a flattering picture of a toilet?!? Sorry. I tried.
This is a sneak peek of the downstairs bathroom update (ongoing).  For today, I just wanted to show the toilet -specifically the seat. It was once white, old, worn out, but wooden. I could have just thrown it away and bought a new one. If you're reading this you probably already know that's just not my style. 
I thought, "hmm.. it would be so much better in my updated bathroom if it were black." So I taped off the hinges/hardware, primed it with Stix (my new fav primer), and spray painted it with black enamel paint (two coats). I will probably also seal/wax it with my favorite orange smelling wonder.  Loving it so far!  
More on the floor/vanity/wall update coming in future posts.



No comments:

Post a Comment