Sunday, May 12, 2013

Reuse Recipes: Brown Rice Baby Food

homemade brown rice baby food
This is not a true reuse recipe, more like an "alternate use" recipe. For my 2 other babies, I followed the pediatrician's guide to starting solids. First, rice cereal mixed with breast milk. I bought the box of gerber rice cereal, but made the rest of my baby food purees myself. This time around I started thinking - - I have lots of rice, and even unprocessed brown rice. Why can't I use that instead?  So I did.  I ground it up with some oats in my hand grinder.


It made a nice fine flour. Then I mixed it with warm breast milk.



 It seemed grainy so I cooked it and it became nice and thick, just like porridge! Baby S enjoyed it heartily.


I had such a hard time getting a clear picture of him. He would not stay still!

No comments:

Post a Comment