Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Reuse Recipe: Yogurt


What to do with leftover yogurt?


My kids love little yogurt cups. I have tried making them bowls using the plain yogurt mixed with jam or honey.  No one really gets excited about it.  But the little cups of yoplait, which they can BOTH open by themselves oh my, they eat them every day for breakfast or snack.  The problem is that once that cup is half eaten no one wants to finish it off. I don't want to eat it, but I don't want to throw it away either!  So it goes into whatever relevant dish is being made that day or within the next couple days. Yogurt can stand in for a portion of the milk in most any sweet recipe.  I use it in bread, waffles, muffins, cake, or if none of those seem to be in the works - smoothies!  Stick those gross little half eaten cups in the freezer and then dump them (their contents that is) in the blender one evening with some other frozen berries. Voila, everyone likes it again. I also really like to use leftover yogurt in banana bread and pancakes -- it makes them nice and moist.

No comments:

Post a Comment