Sunday, April 14, 2013

Reuse Recipe: Old T-shirts

Aaron's company gives him a couple new polo shirts for every season. He has been with Terpsys for 8 years. Needless to say, he has accumulated a closet full of polo shirts and some of the shirts are worn out.  Aaron also had a collection of T-shirts that he weeded through for me. Instead of donating them, I decided to make them into pants and shorts for the kiddos.  I've been working on this recycling task little-by-little for quite awhile. Some T-shirts make really cool pants.

Recycled T-shirt Pants - some of my favorites

If you want an awesome and FREE kid pant/short pattern - try this one at MADE. Her blog is full of amazing sewing projects.

I am gearing up for summer now that the weather has turned warm. That means it is time to do "The Great Clothes Sort": pull-out the summer clothes boxes, see what still fits and what we need more of etc.  I imagine that I will be making 8-10 more pairs of T-shirt shorts soon.

1 comment: