Sunday, September 1, 2013

Reuse Recipe: Frosting or Ganache

15 Frosting Recipes from Martha Stewart

Perhaps this is too revealing of our family eating habits, but I have had TWO types of frosting (chocolate ganache and buttercream) leftovers sitting in my fridge for about a week. Finger marks in the surface of each were evidence of many stolen tastes.  Finally, last night I decided that something must be done with them. I could have tried to make sugar cookies or something to put it on, but then I probably would have ended up making still MORE frosting.
We decided to experiment using our favorite oatmeal cookie recipe. I put all the leftover frosting into the mixing bowl and guessed that it was about 2 cups worth. And then I followed our usual recipe (using the frosting leftovers as the butter and sugar).  Big sister A voted for no raisins or nuts, and we were out of chocolate chips (tragic!). So they turned out very plain and not all that sweet - a nice granola bar type flavor almost. Perfect for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment