Sunday, December 22, 2013

Recommended Reading: Gail Carson Levine


Sometimes the simplest thing triggers a craving for a certain type of story and then a gluttony of reading when I find a new (to me) author offering that type of story.  It all started with reading aloud the Princess Tales to the kiddos last week. We giggled and smiled. I noticed the same author wrote Ella Enchanted. And then I realized that I'd never actually read Ella Enchanted - only saw the movie. I went to my local library's webpage to put Ella Enchanted on hold and maybe another volume of the Princess Tales and I saw all these other similar books written by this author with her quirky takes on princesses and now here I am a week later having read 5 or 6 of her books. I enjoyed them all -- Ella Enchanted and Fairest were my favorites, though they are all lovely. They are all so fun to read -- perfect for kids of all ages.
1. Princess Tales Volumes 1 & 2
2. Ella Enchanted
3. Fairest
4. Ever
5. A Tale of Two Castles

No comments:

Post a Comment