Friday, January 25, 2013

Recommended Reading: The Red Necklace

I am thinking that I should rename these posts about books. Sometimes I may not want to recommend the books that I read... so far not necessary though!
The Red Necklace by Sally Gardner was an excellent story. I would label it a historical fiction, since it is set during the French Revolution and includes a lot of accurate information about that brutal period of France's history. The only aspect that I did not like was the spooky black magic of the book's villain, Count Kalliovsky. It gave me the shivers!  I am a wuss about anything remotely scary.
The Red Necklace

The Silver Blade

When I finished the book I realised that their was a sequel and ordered it from the library.  The Silver Blade was a good conclusion, I liked it, although again, the villain was very spooky. Maybe these would be good Halloween reading recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment