Friday, January 11, 2013

Homeschooling Summary for the Week

My daughter just turned 4, son M is 2, and son S is 2 months.  So when I say that I am just starting homeschooling, I really mean it.  My daughter has been doing Joy School for one year now.  She loves it and I am happy with the program. She also loves reading and wants to start school so we decided to begin with the books/resources that we had on hand.  I ordered some additional books, but the ones that we are working with this week are:


  1. The Bob Books (box 1)
  2. A writing notebook
  3. The New Exploring Science Yellow Book. 1982. Blecha, Gega, Green and Ide.  (see links to textbook shops that might have it). This is a great little thrift store find.  So far it is my daughter's favorite school activity! It is a workbook style science book with activities and pictures for each topic. I may have been so drawn to it because this is what my science workbooks looked like in elementary school! 

Progress for Week of January 11, 2013

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Reading
X
Bob Books #1 & 2
Bob books #2 & 3
Bob books #2 &3
Bob books #3 & 4
Writing
X
Letter E
Letter F
Letter J
Letter K
Math
X
X
X
X
X
Science
X
Animals
Animals
Fruits & Seeds
Shapes
History/Geography
X
X
X
X
X

No comments:

Post a Comment