Friday, January 25, 2013

Homeschooling Summary of the Week

Our new homeschooling books came this week! They are:
Family Math for Young Children and Phonics Pathways.



They have both added a lot of fun and games to our homeschooling. Family math is a creative approach to looking at the math in our every day lives. This week we estimated numbers of large and small blocks in jars and counted them, played in and around shapes on the floor, and made comparisons. We are learning short vowel sounds from the Phonics Pathways book and playing the "short vowel shuffle" which my daughter can't get enough of. I heartily recommend both of these books so far!


Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Reading
Phonics a
Phonics e
Phonics i
Sick day
Sick day
Writing
Letter a
Letter e
Letter i
Math
Estimating
Comparisons
Inside outside Shapes
Science
X
X
X
X
X
History/Geography
X
X
X
X
X

1 comment:

  1. I'm enjoying your blog. It's like being in your home--since I can't manage to get myself there. Our favorite early reading/phonics book is Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons. I've only used it for Mary Tessa, but after seeing that two bright, homeschooling moms I admired use it, I gave it a try and had much more success than what I've tried with the older two. Thankfully they've both become voracious readers in spite of this.

    em

    ReplyDelete