Monday, January 23, 2017

Recommended Reading: November - December


Sorry, I am very behind on sharing these...


1. One Thousand White Women: The Journals of May Dodd by Jim Fergus  -- An interesting story, based on a "what if the US government had made a different choice?" in regards to a peace proposal from the Cherokee indians scenario.  I always like a good historical fiction.  I was sad that this one seemed to be a bit more fiction than history.  Also their were a couple indian massacre type scenes that make it one that I would not generally recommend.

2. On the Banks of Plum Creek
3. Farmer Boy
4. By the Shores of Silver Lake
5. The Long Winter, These Happy Golden Years
6. The First Four Years    Lovely. All of the House on the Prairie books are wonderful for any age.  They are the comfort food of family read-alouds.

6. My Fair Gentleman
7. For Elise
8. The Sherriffs of Savage Wells
The three above are all "Proper Romance" novels -- meaning written by LDS ladies with clean story lines. I enjoyed them and recommend them as a quick getaway.

9. The Mixed Up Files of Mrs Basil E Frankweiler - The kids did not really get into this story as much as I thought that they would. Perhaps it is more an 8 and up book. I enjoyed it.

10. Caddie Woodlawn  -coming of age story about a healthy tomboy; big sister A loved this story and M of course loved the animal aspects of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment