Sunday, January 8, 2017

Christmas Day

We let the kids open their stockings before church.  I did not want to feel rushed. 






We had a special musical church meeting at 10 am and some cookies and treats afterwords.
Then we came home and changed back into jammies to open the rest of the presents.  Miss L is very hard to buy things for.  She has all the toddler toys inherited from the older kids. The main trouble is that she prefers to play with the big kids.  If they ignore the "baby toy" then she will too. That in mind, I found this learning car garage set that I knew her brothers would like too.

Brother S received the connectable construction site learning car set. These two gifts were from Grandma Suzy and Grandpa John.
Brother M is still into bugs. He received a bug playground and big guide book to insects of North America from Grandpop and Grandma Judy.
Big sister A likes history, but she always LOVES learning about Egypt. This Archeology Pyramid was perfect for her. Thanks Grandpop and Grandma Judy!
Quadrocopter from Grandma Suzy and Grandpa John. It's like a drone, only has no camera and was way less expensive.
More snapcircuits for my electrical engineer.
Miss L loves animals, especially cats.  She likes to pick out cat books from the library. She received these 2 cat books from Grandmama and Grandpa Jim.

New shoes for daddy --he selected them himself and I wrapped them.

The kids went to the dollar store with daddy this year and used their money to buy each other small gifts.  They were fun to open and cute to see their reactions to giving to each other.
Big sister A could not wait to start her archeological digging.
Hubby likes to surprise me with presents. I heard about the vintage nintendo remake from my sister and said that would be fun, but that I actually preferred the Atari. Those were the only video games that I really played.  
He bought this vintage Atari remake for me that has 100 games built into it. We have had some fun evenings playing it together.


No comments:

Post a Comment