Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sew Special: Basement Update

Almost anyone who reads this blog knows that I have been on a "stay-cation" of sorts for the last 2 weeks with some of my favorite people. My host parents from when I lived in Brittany, France, were staying with us, giving us many opportunities for discovering new tourist destinations and sharing old favorites. Photos of our adventures will have to come later as almost none were taken with my camera.

Here are some much requested pictures of my basement update that we did in preparation for their arrivial.

Before:


Progress: (you will notice that these are all easy updates -- no major remodeling yet); Also note that all of this, apart from the rugs, was purchased on Craigslist (second hand).  All of the decor items are things that I already had on hand. [Mom - notice the curtains, made from the fabric you picked up for me in Nashville]. I plan to update the decor later for more of a school room feel, but this is fine for now. Also, that arm chair off to the side is soon to have a nice black denim slipcover.
Two 6x9 rugs from ikea (adhesive squares under the corners)

Pillows from Vietnam and wall art from Cote d'Ivoire

Expedit Shelves and folding room divider (eventually to be made into a black chalk board for school stuff) divide the laundry and family room areas

4 Bookshelves divide off the storage area from the family room area. They are attached to the pillars and each other for safety.  Not much on these yet, but we will have many more school books as time goes on.

Ikea Manstad (trundle bed) couch -- our guests reported it to be very comfortable. And a new ceiling light, which you can't really see



And there you have it folks, we are ready for company! Come and visit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment