Monday, September 30, 2013

Home Schooling Summary for the Last Couple Weeks

Big sister A is taking an art class offered by the county. She loves the drawing and painting, but is not too sure about the sculpture.



Before the arrival of our guests I decided that I should clean out all the old layers of shelf paper from our kitchen cupboards. I have tried before... this is an old house and there were at least 5-6 layers. I read on Pinterest that Coke is supposed to be great for taking off adhesive, but I don't think it did much.  Olive oil and a stiff brush got most of it and then googone and a knife for the bits that were the most stubborn. Then I cleaned it, primed (Stix), and painted the insides of the drawers and cupboards white. 
Here are a few pics of our cupboard cleaning and organizing activity. The silverware sorting was their favorite part of the activity. 




We are signed up for several different classes at local nature centers (perks of city life- there are about 10 of them close by). This class was about seeds and squirrels. The kids made a squirrel food container, played a game about squirrels hiding nuts, and then went around and learned about the various kinds of seeds and nuts that squirrels like to eat. We gathered maple helicopters, beech nuts, pine cones, hickory nuts, acorns, viburnum, and one other that I have forgotten. I love these kinds of classes. This particular nature center also had a beautiful children's garden organized by color. It was awesome. The kiddos also went to a pond research activity with daddy, that I don't have any pictures of yet.



Dancing and playing with our visitors. These are the only pictures that I took of them with my camera. What fun we had!





No comments:

Post a Comment