Sunday, September 1, 2013

Sew Special: Another Iron-On Pillow and Utility Sink Skirt

I have probably said this before, but I try to keep this blog "true". By that I mean, just writing about the things that I am really doing, not doing things so that I can write about them.  That being said, it is a little nerve wracking to get to Sunday and then think, "Did I sew anything this week?!?"
We have been trying to spruce up the basement as I mentioned last week. The laundry room can use all the help it can get. One simple addition was the window curtain that I did before this blog existed. This week I managed to cover up the ugly lower half of the utility sink with a cheerful skirt. It is open at the back so that it could slide over the sink. To keep it from sliding down I used some adhesive velcro that I had leftover from another project. Baby steps toward improvement!

Sink Skirt

I also sewed another iron-on pillow, like I did for the kids' farm theme room.  This one is to solidify the Western Vibe in the living room. Sorry about the dark tint to these pics - you get the idea anyway.
Buffalo Pillow


No comments:

Post a Comment