Sunday, September 1, 2013

Recommended Reading: Astrid Lindgren

 

I love reading Astrid Lindgren's books out loud to my kiddos. She is most famous in the US for Pippi Longstocking, but so far The Children of Noisy Village and Happy Times in Noisy Village are my favorites. The illustrations are sweet and though they are chapter books, the chapters are short and have enough illustrations to keep my 4 year old's attention. They are also hilarious, which helps me "remember" to read another chapter each night. I do sometimes have to tone down the translation a little though. They say "stupid", which bothers me.  I just replace it with "silly".

PS. I have decided to abandon Crime and Punishment. I have too little time available for reading to be spending it listening to something that is so heavy and sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment