Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sew Special: Cozy Sweater

Boy-ish Pickles Plain Cardigan
I made this sweater as a modified version of the Pickles Plain Cardigan Pattern.  Two factors spurred me to make this a boy-ish sweater: first, the fact that 2 out of 3 kiddos are boys and this way it can be worn longer and by more people - second, like most of my projects, style and colors were determined by what I already had on hand.
Daughter A loves this sweater - a very lucky happening since it turned out about a size 5-6.
Mods were minimal - I just continued in stockinette stitch while I joined the arms and then switched to garter stitch when the decreases looked about right. The wide, nordic-looking, garter stitch collar at the top of this sweater is one of my favorite features. This pattern is a quick knit since the yarn is chunky, but I would not recommend the pattern to anyone with less than intermediate level knitting experience. It spells things out in broad terms only and expects you to understand things like how to join the raglan sleeves.




No comments:

Post a Comment