Sunday, August 11, 2013

Garden Progress: Harvesting and Feasting

 This is a frequent evening scene in my kitchen or out in the garden: harvesting and feasting. It does not get any fresher than this. Still enjoying lots of ground cherries. Still wishing that I could accumulate enough at one time (4 cups) for an entire pie...

I made a giant bowl of fresh salsa this weekend with food grown less than 100ft from my back door (some from my neighbor's garden). The ingredient list looks like this (all finely chopped):

  • 4 small onions
  • 2 golden and 2 red tomatoes
  • 10 tomatillos
  • 2 medium size cucumbers
  • 1 red pepper
  • 3 jalepeno peppers
  • salt to taste

It tastes so fresh and delicious. I can't get enough. It would be just heavenly if only my cilantro had not already gone to seed. Fall seedlings, including more cilantro, are making good progress though.

No comments:

Post a Comment