Sunday, April 14, 2013

Recommended Reading: An Everlasting Meal

Five stars for An Everlasting Meal: Cooking with Economy and Grace by Tamar Adler.
 If you care about cooking at all, you must read this book.  Eat before you sit down to read it though, or better yet while you are reading it, otherwise you won't get very far before you want to rummage around in your kitchen. I am only half way through, but I keep wanting to run into the kitchen and try the things that she describes.
I am glad that I started reading it at the beginning of my gardening season too. There are so many lovely (and simple) recipes for garden produce and ideas for my favorite topic - not wasting any part of the food. And it is largely vegetarian, which I am not, but try to lean that way.


No comments:

Post a Comment