Sunday, April 21, 2013

Garden Progress: Direct Sow Seeds

This week in the garden: weeding and seeding.  I am a little late planting some of these things, but here is the list of things that were direct seeded this week:

  1. Kale
  2. Collards
  3. Fennel
  4. Lettuce mix
  5. 2 kinds of beets
  6. French Sorrel - I am really excited about this one.  It is a perennial lettuce.  Hopefully it will be a decorative and edible border around the bed where I have my blackberries and expect to soon plant my honey berry bushes. 

This project was not very photogenic.  Just plain old dirt neatly covering some seeds... so here is a vintage find, which daughter A could not wait to get home and put on. Here she is dancing around in it. Just needs some cowboy boots to look like a Texan, right mom?  Sooo cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment