Monday, February 4, 2013

Sew Special: Masquerade Costumes

Handmade masks
My husband's holiday party was on Saturday.  Each year there is a theme and this year it was - Masquerade Ball.  I sewed a new jacket for the event and wore the dress that I made for the Valentine's Ball last year. I also covered 2 plastic masks (gifts from a lovely friend when we had no idea that I would be needing these supplies so soon!) with fabric using modge podge. I added the trim with my glue gun.  My mom embroidered my mask and I just hot glued it on to the plastic.
Note: I don't recommend using a hot glue gun for gluing things onto plastic masks.  The low-heat glue gun did not melt the plastic, but the first squirts with the regular glue gun did, so beware!
I made the jacket using a franken pattern (the same way I did my wedding jacket). It is a mixture of Burda 7987 and Butterick 4731
Masquerade Dress and Jacket

Purse and hair barrette  


1 comment: