Monday, February 18, 2013

Home Schooling Summary for the Last Week

We have all been sick this week, including baby S. A little epidemic is going around. The pediatrician's office was extremely busy.  Still, we managed to do a few things. Lots of reading.

Exploration and Conquest is another history book that was a bit advanced for my daughter, but we looked at the pictures and I summarized the text.  She was just telling little brother M about a trip to South America -- I think that means some of it is sinking in!
American History Picture Book for a 4 year old
This Benjamin Franklin book is by the same author as Christopher Columbus from 2 weeks ago.  The illustrations are great, but again, I have to summarize the text or else it is too long for a 4 year old attention span.
I should note that I realize the chronology of our history lessons is a little off at this point. Anywhere from 1500's-1700's.  I think chronology is a little to advanced for a 4 year old.  At this point we are just familiarizing ourselves with the stories, names, etc.


Week of Feb 15, 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment