Sunday, July 19, 2020

Family Fun: Summer Dinners, Painting, and Shorts

We had a campfire with foil dinners for Friday fun night.  It was great except for the weather being a little too warm. 
 I can't remember the last time I made a foil dinner. College maybe or YW Girls' camp. I had to google a how-to video to remind myself of the basics.


 Saturday night was much more successful.  I made California rolls (sushi) for our family movie night and we watched "Prince Caspian". Hubby is reading all the Narnia books to the kids again and we have been watching the Disney movies after each book. I love hearing my kids say, "That wasn't in the book". Third time making sushi and I still had a little trouble getting things to stay tight, but so yummy. I have missed going out for sushi on our weekly date nights. Speaking of date night, we had our first "social distancing" double date with some church friends. We put the kids to bed and then they came over (the night of the bonfire). We chatted outside at a safe distance and made smores.
 As I mentioned last week -- painting in the basement is a regular activity.  I don't document their creations often enough. 
Here are the pictures that they took of this week's critter lodgings. 

 This one is my favorite.
Miss L and Brother S decided to get in on the sewing action (following big Sis's 4th of July fashion). They went up to the fabric bins, picked out some cotton fabrics, and requested I turn them into shorts. 
 Shorts are easy!  Thank goodness. I just traced around one of brother S's favorite pairs to make a pattern and cut out all 8 pairs during one nap time. It took about 2 more nap times to finish them off. All moms of littles measure time in naps, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment