Sunday, September 8, 2019

Farm Fresh: Cotton Candy and Cousins

This week the cousins came over to play and we (I mean Hubby) really got the hang of using the cotton candy maker. 

 Grandmama shared her building skills:
 I made some potent elderberry thyme syrup to keep us healthy as we head into the cold season. Aside from elderberries and thyme (grown right here!) it also contains honey, ginger, and apple cider vinegar. Mmm it has a nice kick to it. It is supposed to last 4 months in the fridge.  I bet it will last less than 2 months with all these "tasters" who might have a little cough. Luckily we have plenty more thyme and elderberries.
 The turkey-lings are growing up nicely.
 And the canning goes on.  More minestrone (This is probably the last batch since the green beans have finally surrendered to the bean beetles and the carrots are all used up). And I opened one jar, as a tester, of this new cajun black eyed pea soup. It was immediately gobbled down with corn bread and pleas to open another jar.  More batches of this to come I think.... just as soon as I buy more black eyed peas. It was a good southern dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment