Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Farm Fresh: Signs of Spring

First goose egg of the the season! Found it a few days before they left to go to their new orchard home. Big sister A is decorating it in her pysanky class at co-op school. 
The chicks have reached their awkward tween age. My favorite is this grey fuzz ball (half silkie). 

 Tulips on the dining room table.
 Plants by the front door... Usually the front stoop is my ideal hardening off place for plants -- morning sun only.
But then this happened...
Here is the before shot. I put two trays of Chinese cabbages out there this morning to harden off and the birds (chickens or guineas?) had a feast of spring greens... A little thought came to me that I should not put ALL the trays out today. So glad that I listened!  The birds have not done that in the past. But now they know that I am putting out a salad bar, I expect that they will be back.  I need to think of a creative solution, but not too ugly for the front yard. 
All my ice skating shots are blurry. This is from last week.  She is so speedy by herself now.  Maybe I will have her start lessons in the fall. They all love skating.  A is doing super in her lessons and she and M are probably going to do a performance at the end of the summer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment