Sunday, October 15, 2017

While we were in Iceland

While we were having a relaxing vacation in Iceland my mom and Grandpa J took over at the farm. They had to do all the animal chores, keep the kids entertained, do all the cooking, teach for me at co-op school, and keep up with all the house chores.  They did an amazing job and the kids were so sad to see them go.  I am glad that the kids were able to make so many happy memories together with them.
 Before we left I gave mom a little coaching on the pottery class that she would be teaching for me at co-op school.
  The kiddos were spoiled with food treats while we were away- Lucky Charms, McDonalds, IHOP, store-bought bread... it was everything they were hoping for and more.
 


  Grandpa J and Grandmama put up the pool for the kids (a task we are often to lazy to do, and usually just tell them to play in the sprinkler instead):
 They went shopping and each of the kiddos got a new outfit:
They went to Storytime at the library:
Here they are all ready for church:
 They got a pro-pilot tour from Grandpa J of the Udvar-Hazy Museum near Dulles Airport. They were especially excited to see planes that Grandpa J flew in the Marines and could tell them all about. Grandpa J has lots of good stories.


 Grandpa J's plane:
 And of course, seeing the space shuttle up close is always so amazing.
 
 They went up to the sky tower and watched planes landing and taking off:
 They watched "The Sound of Music" for the first time.
They joined Uncle P and the cousins to do the annual "Buddy Walk":



 Grandmama successfully taught the kids in my co-op class to make coil pots: 
 
 And they had a big family party with Great Grandpa, Aunt C. and Uncle P:
I am so glad my Grandpa got to see the farm.  I knew that he would love it. 
 My Italian uncle making spaghetti and meatballs from scratch:
 My party planing daughter A set-up this rock painting activity for the cousins:

 I am told that they kept Great Grandpa busy reading for a long time that night:
 They had fun times with Aunt C. She is still waiting for grandchildren of her own!



No comments:

Post a Comment