Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Farm Fresh: Fall Garden

I harvested and began curing some of the squash. Their are a lot more that I have not picked yet. Hurrah! A lot of it is being used to decorate in front of our house now.  


We are still getting a few tomatoes here and there, plus lots of peppers and a bit of tomatillos.  I have been making fresh salsa and salads with it. 
 We have been drying seeds like this through out the summer.  These are from our sugar baby watermelons. It saves me from having to buy as many seeds each year.  Although tomatoes and pepper varieties seem to get too mixed up when I try to save seeds from them.
 These are my Maximillian Sunflowers. Between them and the African marigolds, they are keeping the garden looking pretty even though things are dying out and weeds are trying to take over. The Thai Basil is looking pretty next to them as well.

 And my chickens and duck are at it again. I can't blame them for wanting to set, since it has been so warm. But I am really missing my eggs. I need to candle them tonight and make sure that they are not wasting my time and eggs.



No comments:

Post a Comment