Sunday, March 15, 2015

Sew Special: Cissy Dress in Blue

I have been thinking a lot about how much I enjoy sewing and gardening- and how it is important for me to have that personal "creative time". I found this cool quote in that article I recommended a few weeks back:
God left the world unfinished for man to work his skill upon. He left the electricity in the cloud, the oil in the earth. He left the rivers unbridged and the forests unfelled and the cities unbuilt. God gives to man the challenge of raw materials, not the ease of finished things. He leaves the pictures unpainted and the music unsung and the problems unsolved, that man might know the joys and glories of creation. (Pres. Monson, In Quest of the Abundant Life)

My neighbor shared with me an article that talks along the same lines about how developing our personal talents impacts our children.  I found it very uplifting and would agree that I have seen the same things happen in my experience as well. 

Another week, another one of these Cissy doll prototypes. Making this dress 15 times has taught me a ton. I am planning to eventually put the pattern in my Etsy shop as an instant download.  I am also working on a couple other jobs for my neighbor's doll business -- it is keeping my "creative time" full and busy.



No comments:

Post a Comment