Sunday, March 8, 2015

Garden Progress: Seedlings

Our friend and fellow garden enthusiast came over to give me a lesson on pruning fruit trees this weekend.  We only did 3 of the 6 trees.  I need to hurry and finish them before it gets warm. I brought in some of the cuttings from our little peach tree to see if I can force them to bloom. 


We are doing a pinterest inspired experiment with the left over end piece of a bunch of celery. We used all the celery and then I just set the end bit in a cup of water.  I am thrilled that it is actually regrowing!  I have not had much luck with growing celery from seed.

My basement grow light has been mostly a success so far. It is huge and so I still have room under it. The only bad part is that I need to get my timer working so that I don't have to remember to turn it on and off. (I finally got the timer I ordered and then realised that it is too big to share a plug with the basement freezer. I ordered and am waiting on an extension cord with ground -- yes, going to HomeDepot with 4 children still sounds too overwhelming to be worth it. 


 About time to thin the broccoli, cabbage, and cauliflower.

 The lavender seeds have still not sprouted yet! I am a little worried about them even though I know that they are supposed to take a long time to germinate.

Tomatoes, peppers, ground cherries, and leeks started sprouting this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment