Sunday, March 22, 2015

Garden Report

This weekend it was warm enough for me to spend some time in the garden.  I cleaned all the deep litter out of the chicken coop.  It's supposed to keep them warmer to just pile more on each week instead of cleaning it out in the winter.  AND it makes a lovely manure for the garden.  I rolled it into my relatively finished compost and then spread that mixture over and into all my garden beds and around my fruit trees. 

Sad news for this week. Baby S was very quiet and so I went to see what he was up to now... He answered me by asking me to help him wash his hands and face which were black. And then I saw the huge mess behind him...
I don't usually cry when the kids break things, but baby S started to cry too when he saw my reaction. My poor little seedlings.  The front line took most of the damage, but oh my! what a mess - all over that whole corner of the basement.  Peppers and ground cherries all decimated as well as most of the cabbages.  I probably should have been more calm and thoughtful and asked questions about what he was thinking... oh well.  Luckily the weather is getting warmer and the sandbox will soon become available again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment