Sunday, November 23, 2014

Sew Special: More Drapes, Some Mittens, and a German Doll Dress

I made another variation of drapes this week.  It is a sample for an order and made with eggplant colored velour.  The design came about because the twin size duvet cover that I found at the thrift store was not wide enough and so I intermingled the backing fabric with the velour front.


Big sister A requested some fingerless gloves like mine.  Here she is sporting them just after I finished them.  They were playing "church".  M is at the "podium" in the background.



My neighbor brought me another doll clothes order and a rocking horse to fix this week.  I have been calling the doll Brunhilda because she is rather stout.  The customer requested this outfit from a picture in a book.  It is a style that I like and made with cotton fabrics- so it was easy to work on and came together quickly. I made the blouse, dress, bloomers, and apron. 





No comments:

Post a Comment