Sunday, November 16, 2014

Sew Special: Drapes with Grommets and a New Sweater

I am working on another order for curtains. The customer wants suede drapes with grommets, but he did not know exactly how dense, long, and deep he wanted them to be.  So I made this sample set with his guesses and then sent him a bunch of pictures to evaluate.  He wants a lining behind them as well. I used the shower curtain as a sample lining to play around with distances between the 2 rods and test how they would mingle together if they were both pleated with grommets. When I am done with the samples I will put them up for sale in my Etsy shop too. 


I have a new favorite sweater pattern! Hoodie cardigans are the best.  It knit up easily and used up some bits of leftover yarn that were too small to make a whole sweater.  The pattern is called Fawn Hoodie and Leg warmers.  I found that it ran a little bit small.  The size 6 is fits A perfectly.  I am looking forward to making one for brother M.  I added extra buttons (instead of just the 2 in the pattern.  The band around the hood and body is a fun feature and sort of unites all the diverse yarns. 





No comments:

Post a Comment