Sunday, November 23, 2014

Family Schooling Summary

This week I was in the ER on Sunday (chest pains going down my left arm) and was still in quite a bit of pain on Monday.  So we missed the last day of SHARP co-op for the semester. It was the class fair.  My students brought their ethnographic genealogies to display.  The director told me that it went well and sent me this picture:

It was my turn to teach Joy School this week. I decided to get it over with even though I was not feeling 100%.  This will be my last time teaching it until after the new baby comes. We learned about sharing and service.  They made drawings for each other, ornaments for their moms, and did some "service" raking leaves in our yard. It has been really cold here though and they did not want to stay outside very long.




We read about the first Thanksgiving and talked about the service that the American Indians gave the pilgrims and also  read The Giving Tree

Big sister A read 10 books in October (accomplished her goal) and got a free pan pizza from Pizza Hut as part of the Book it! program with Pizza Hut.  I had never heard of it before, but some ladies at church told me that homeschoolers can do it too.  She could potentially get a free pizza every month for the next 5 months if she continues to meet her reading goals. 





No comments:

Post a Comment