Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Sew Special: Frozen Costume Part 1 - Anna's Dress with Appliqued Embroidery

This Frozen Halloween costume has been a serious endeavor.  Lots of hours and lots of planning and thinking through how to replicate things.  I did not use a pattern, which added to the level of difficulty, but also has the nice side effect of making it a perfect fit (not just according to some pattern's measurements).

 I learned a lot about sewing & machine applique in the process and I think I might be ready to do a small applique quilt some day soon. Maybe something like this or this? Haha. Kellie makes amazing applique quilts!





I wanted the skirt to be longer than most patterns were making it and also to keep the embroidery close to the hem so that it did not look so disproportionate for little girls.  I still have to do the cape, but Aunt H loaned me a pattern for that so I expect it to be much quicker to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment