Sunday, October 19, 2014

Sew Special: Cargo Pants for M and Beret for A

Brother M seems to always be outgrowing his pants.  Since I made a more dressy pattern last time, I decided to use the Sandbox Pants Pattern this time. For materials I wanted to just recycle some pants from the Salvation Army pile.  I used two pairs of daddy's old pants, one shirt, 1 piece of fleece and bits of leftover knit fabric from the pants that I made for A last week.  I made them on the long side, so hopefully he wont grow out of them for at least a year.

Brother M specially requested that I use some of the same rainbow fabric that I used big sis A's pants. There was not much left. Here is the rainbow & fleece pair:


 

Some directional print issues resulted from trying to fit the pattern pieces on the tiny bits of the fabric that were leftover:

Pair #2- was cut from an old button up shirt of daddy's and some contrasting trim from another old dress shirt: 
 
 I used the pockets from the original shirt front-

Pair #3 -Old work pants of daddy's and some contrasting bits from an old dress shirt:

 Still need to put the buttons on the pockets -- these pockets are per pattern.

Pair #4 -from another old pair of daddy's pants - casing and lining from an old dress shirt.

 These back pockets are huge since they are originally from daddy's pants, but M loves big pockets!

I also finished off this beret for big sis A. The yarn is amazingly soft, a combination of cashmere and cotton that I got on ebay from China. 




1 comment: