Monday, August 4, 2014

Sew Special: Lots of Completed Projects this week

My mom is going on a mission and kindly agreed to lend me her serger for the 18 months that she will be away. Thanks Mom!  And so I have been slowly figuring out how to use it. My first project was to serge the edges of this picnic table cloth and napkins that our buddies from Utah gave big sister A while they were visiting us a couple weeks ago.

Next, I helped Aunt Sunshine finish her skirt project. It came out pretty cute. Yay for newly skilled sister Sunshine!


My Buddy from Utah also left me with the beginnings of two new Amy Butler Birdie Sling purses.  I have made so many of these now, I think these 2 bring the total to 7.  This pattern is great and we have certainly gotten our monies worth with all the uses of it.  It was perfect timing because my old one was looking really raggedy and worn out after 2 years of hard use. Here are the 2 new models:


These bags have 2 great big pockets. I added a 3rd pocket, made from one of the old dress shirts that I was recycling for the linings of the bag.







1 comment:

  1. I am glad you figured out the serger and I love the black and white bag with the red interior :-)

    ReplyDelete