Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sew Special: New Wardrobe for Me - 2 Tova Tops

After Christmas I decided that it was time to be a bit selfish. I had ordered some lovely patterns for my birthday LAST Spring. A year later I figure it's about time to make some things for myself with them, right? Right.

I have been following Jenny Gordy's blog for about 4 years now. Her designs are beautiful. When she published a pdf pattern for the Tova Top I was ecstatic and treated myself to it as a birthday gift.  The directions were excellent it came together neatly. It is a flexible pattern as you can see by my two variations. I took it in a little bit on the first one and a bit too much on the second one.

 Variation #1: Blue linen and red checked shirting. Dress length (according to the pattern) a bit too short for me -- I will probably try wearing this one with leggings and boots, but I have not settled on an outfit that I love yet. Any suggestions?  I am hoping to wear it in early/late summer too -since it is linen.




Tova Tunic-- Linen with buttons 
  Variation #2: Wool flannel and sleeves recycled from an old sweater. I took this one in a bit too much and it is a little tight across the back. I also added pockets! I love them. I might need to go back and do that to version 1 too...  I have already worn this one more than 5 times with my grey leggings/yoga pants and boots. It is like wearing a warm sweater dress.  It seems to look good with more things than the first version.
Tova Tunic Dress with pockets -- wool flannel for winter







No comments:

Post a Comment