Sunday, February 2, 2014

Home Schooling Summary for Last Week

For some reason big sister A likes writing better than reading beginner books. So this week I dictated a short story to her instead of using our ordinary word lists. She loved it. And it was easy for me too since I could dictate it while rolling out dough for homemade noodles (a new project - more on this later). She is such a good student, she just pulls out her school stuff and gets to work without too much persuasion from me.

In case it is too hard for you to read, it says, " The fat dog ran so slow. The fat cat ran slow too. The girl walks fast. The girl grabs the dog. the cat gets away. The dog feels sad."


I finally took some pictures of the kiddos practicing ice skating during the tot skate time this week. Big sister A is really getting the hang of it and still LOVES it. Little brother M always has fun, but likes to use the walker (that blue frame he is holding on to). His teacher told me that his balance is fine and I should encourage him to skate just holding hands or with his arms held out in front of him. Those two guys in these pics are our buddies from church. They come to skate with the kids while I hold baby S on the sidelines. Their whole family has taken turns coming with me to help out -- it's been so awesome of them.


One more funny picture that I almost forgot -- these kids all love to help with the baking. I announced my intentions to try to bake a knock-off version of thin mint cookies -- I turned to gather supplies and then here is what I found:

 They had all clamored to the baking corner. The older two brought over the high chair to climb up on the counter with, while baby S brought up the rear, taking advantage of the open high chair. Aaaaaaa! We need some new solutions to help keep this from becoming hazardous... Although perhaps 6 dozen thin mint cookies are equally hazardous... hmm.

1 comment: