Sunday, January 5, 2014

Sew Special: Christmas Crafties

December was full of Christmas crafting. The kiddos helped as much as they could.  

1. Buttons in my hair!  We made covered button hair ties. These were super easy and fun. I ordered my supplies from here -- and there are tutorials for this all over the internet. 

2. Tree trimmings - We printed tiny (2"x 2") photos to make ornaments for the grandparents this year

3. More Last Minute Knitted Gifts - I received this book as an early Christmas present and put it to work immediately making scarves for friends and loved ones in cold places.


4. Porcelain Painting -- monogrammed mugs.  The kids loved doing these. I am a fan as well. So easy! and DISHWASHER safe! I bought white mugs from the thrift store. We drew the outlines in pen, erasing and redrawing them until we liked what we had and then traced over it with this porcelain marker. We let them dry for 24 hours and then popped them in the oven for 30 minutes or so. I think I need some more marker colors...

 5. Ties for the boys - - I started making ties at the request of my best friend. I did not have a very good pattern and it took some experimenting to get them right. As a result I had a bunch light blue little boys and men sized ties by the time I was done. These may inspire matching family Easter outfits or something.

6. More matching - for some reason everything is better when your cousin has a matching one. Big sister A chose the fabric and notions for these matching skirts.



7. Christmas quilt of the three trees story-- this is actually an oldie, made about 8-9 years ago, but when I planned it then this is what I hoped it would be used for.  I snuck in and took this picture unbeknownst to them.

8. The kiddos Christmas artwork -- paper plate snowmen.


No comments:

Post a Comment