Thursday, March 7, 2013

Vintage Finds: For me!

This might be cheating, but these are two recent vintage/vintage style finds that I purchased from my fellow Etsy sellers.

#1. This gorgeously simple ticking is going to be slip covers for my living room chairs - for those who know these chairs already - I am talking about the bold red floral ones that I am so sad are falling apart. I love knowing that this fabric was made in the 1920's or early 30's.  I think that that means it must be better quality than most fabrics available today. It certainly feels that way.  The weave is very solid and the pattern goes all the way through (same from the front or the back).

 Note: Rubisco's shop, where I bought this ticking, is closing and everything is 50% off.




#2. This new watch. I went from very skinny girly watch to an over-sized grandpa style watch. The band is made from recycled leather! I love the design.  The shop is called GypsyStitch and Arias the owner was super helpful - made me a custom size and then kindly exchanged the watch for a new one of the same design when the first one mysteriously petered out.




No comments:

Post a Comment