Monday, March 4, 2013

Sew Special: Pleated Skirt

This is the skirt from the lisette pattern that I used for my blouse in January. I have had it cut out and ready to sew for awhile.

I made a size 10 according to my measurements, but it is a bit large in the hips, will probably try an 8 next time. I also made it about 2 inches longer than the original pattern, so that it is knee length.  I used this lovely linen blend fabric that I scored at the thrift store not long ago.  It seems to hold the fold well, but also has a the typical linen tendency for wrinkles. I am hoping it will be a perfect summer skirt... I just need to remember to hang it up promptly. Otherwise I will need to iron it - as I admittedly should have done before these pics.


Pleated Skirt Lisette #2211 (simplicity)


The belt loops were very easy, but these special touches are what make Lisette patterns so great.  Her instructions are also very clear for any level of seamstress. 



I used my own homemade bias tape for the waist edge and bottom hem.   That is another  great thing about Lisette patterns -- the finishing is always nice and tidy.






No comments:

Post a Comment