Thursday, March 28, 2013

Reuse Recipe: Big Jars

Reusing Costco animal cracker containers

I am always on the look-out for food that comes in a good container. Like the Costco animal crackers -  delicious, organic crackers, that come in a jar witha a label that suggests you recycle it. What could be better? I have all kinds of little toys and whatnots organized in them, as well as many of my pantry items.
I spray painted the blue lids to make them match my kitchen better.

And how about those big Vlassic pickle jars from Costco too? So inexpensive - about 3.79$ for the pickles and a beautiful jar.  Just for kicks I photographed some of them in use around my house. 



Reusing Vlassic pickle jars




I also tend to search out and buy things that come in mason jars (standard size - so I can reuse them for canning).  The Classico spaghetti sauce jars are excellent.  Trader Joes sells a number of things that come in the small pint mason jar size, like the thai green curry sauce and the cookie butter.
I'd love to hear other suggests for yummy things that come in re-usable jars/containers. Any ideas?



No comments:

Post a Comment