Sunday, February 26, 2017

Stitches, Ear Infection, and a Coloring Contest Winner

We had some big adventures this week, especially baby L.  She had her first trip to urgent care for stitches on Sunday night.  She was playing with S on the step down from the kitchen to the den.  I was standing at the sink washing dishes and talking to Dad on the phone.  I glanced over and they were fine.  Then a minute later she was bleeding.  I think S pulled her leg while she was sitting on the step and her head banged against the metal corner cover on that little step.  Here we are afterwords:
 The gorey details:
Then yesterday she woke up screaming from her nap. Luckily now she can tell us that her ear is hurting.  I gave her the garlic-mullein drops and some tylenol for good measure.  She continue to scream and so she also got a popsicle and some TV.  All better.  
 I have not been blogging about it as much, but baking continues around here. The kids are always happy to be making things.
We had lots of friends over this week to hold bunnies. We also did more clay projects.  Brother M has been practicing hard.  I told them that I would only take their best things to be fired.  He learned to smooth and score.  He put this snowman and mug together very carefully so that they can go in the kiln. 
I am the cub scout committee chair and I was in charge of decorating for the "Blue and Gold" banquet this year. The theme was "International".  I had lots of good ideas, but I had to make sure that I was willing to expose whatever decorations I used to the wild antics of our cub scouts. The globes are beach balls from oriental trading.  

 Brother S won a coloring contest for Valentine's Day.  He got a 10$ gift card from the local Dollar Tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment