Sunday, October 2, 2016

Family Schooling Summary: Raccoon, Cake pops, Soccer

I keep forgetting to post these pictures of the raccoon.  He had been eating our cats' food for awhile.  I thought I might be imagining the food disappearances until he left some tracks.  They looked like human (tiny) hand and foot prints. He could also pry off the tight metal garbage can lid to get to the cats' food.
 He was big! Bigger than the cat. I was hoping to catch the ground hog(s?) as well, but they seem to have vanished.
Only one soccer practice this week.  It rained all the other days.
 
 What the other kids do while they are waiting at practice. Big sister A is very into graphic novels lately. She reads 3-4 a day. Yes. We had over 100 books out from the library when I last checked.  We get electronic notices when things are due so it's not too bad to keep track of. Brother S is into non-fiction books - dinosaurs, planes, cars, machines, outer space, and animals.  He is going to be some kind of scientist I think. I don't know how we would afford to homeschool without such an incredible library network. Almost every time I see a cool book on Amazon (or A does) we look it up and find it in the interlibrary network.
 A friend from church had a "yard sale" last week and sister A brought home all kinds of baking toys: a cake pop maker (like a waffle iron, but makes balls), a doughnut maker, cutters, rollers, and patterns for making cakes with fondant.  We have been testing things out.  Pic below is of cake-pop making.


No comments:

Post a Comment