Sunday, July 17, 2016

Summer Fun: Friends Visiting, Wild Things, and Turkeys

Using A's physics lab book we made a recipe for "blue goo", with cornstarch.

On Tuesday our buddies came to town. We went blackberry picking.

We made blackberry apple pie with my favorite Rustic Fruit Desserts book and then canned the rest into blackberry jam.
  

Then I was shocked to get a call that my turkeys had arrived and would I please come pick them up by 5pm! uh oh. I thought they had lost my order or something... It was really more of an informal conversation with the cashier  back in March. She asked how many I would like, wrote it on a post-it, and had said they usually come the end of May/early June.  I was kind of ready for a break from chicks? But I did order them. So away we go again. Four turkeys! Luckily, they are adorable.


Our library has amazing free shows! - like the reptile one last week.  This week they had a theater dance troop doing an interactive performance of "Where the Wild Things Are".  It was great!
  


Then we took our friends to the aquarium and saw more new things.  The kids got to pet some moon jelly fish:
 And some rays:

 
We looked closely at some new exhibits:

Including a sunken "pirate" ship:

And some swimming birds that looked like penguins at first, but were actually puffins. Awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment