Sunday, August 9, 2015

Sew Special: Primary Devotional Chair Covers

The primary president at church asked me if I'd be able to make some chair covers a couple weeks ago.  It's been tricky making time for any sewing projects in my schedule. Fixing up the house is first priority... after childcare, cooking, and cleaning... Well, maybe not cleaning. Cleaning is last priority, as usual!

 I used double stick interfacing and white fabric to make the letters and attach them. The font is called "Luckiest Guy" in Google Draw.  I had to use the "Word Art" feature to flip everything backwards. The hardest part was stitching around each letter to reinforce the edges. I ended up using my embroidery foot and doing it free-motion. That way I did not have to pivot the presser foot a zillion times.


Now the kids who have an assignment will also get to sit in a specially marked chair! And it will be easier for the presidency to see who has assignments too.


1 comment:

  1. Amy, You did a wonderful job on the chair covers!! Its amazing how much you do with all the other things you have going on! Love you!

    ReplyDelete