Sunday, May 24, 2015

Family Schooling Summary

This week, I was in charge of the organizing the Class Fair for co-op school.  I had a committee of 5-6 ladies to help me so I just did a bunch of delegating.  We had booths for the first hour.  Some were science fair style, showing what the kids worked on in their classes and some were fun activities.  I put hubby in charge of the Plinko board, which was the most popular activity among the kids (lollipop prizes).
 Kids waiting in line for the Plinko activity:






There was also a slideshow running during the booth time.  Then the second hour there were performances from some of the classes.  Brother M's music makers class sang two songs.  The third hour was a picnic lunch.  It all went pretty smoothly.



This was also the last week of Joy School and I was teaching.  The past two times we have done JS we skipped the last week, so these modules were all new to me.  A bit more work to prepare, but fun too.  It was about babies and grandparents. There was a cool story where I was to draw it out on a piece of poster board or chalk board as I was telling the story.  The kids LOVED this learning method. (Noting this for future lessons teaching the kids about other things). I used a flattened moving box for the drawing. Then I let the kids embellish it after the story.  Our drawing skill levels are about the same.


 We spent some of our free play time in the yard. Big sister A taught everyone how to pick strawberries:

And brother M helped everyone catch rolly polly bugs:

Baby L observed intensely, as is her usual approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment