Sunday, September 28, 2014

Sew Special: Tunic Sweater and a Scrappy Quilt

I've been working on this little eyelet tunic sweater off and on for about a year now. The yarn is very fine and so it was rather slow going and I would set it aside whenever I got bored.  It took so long to finish that I had to make some adjustments to the pattern to make sure that it would not be too small. 



I finished this little cropped vest awhile ago, but could not settle on the right buttons for it. The yarn is a mixture of hemp and wool and gives it kind of a rustic look.  I think it will be a cute fall maternity item over some of my shirts.

I also started on this year's scrap quilt this week. In contrast to last year's Ugly Quilt, I had a lot of scraps that go nicely together this year.  (Probably a result of my goal to focus more on making clothes for myself). I am not sure what size it will be, but I am hoping to make it twin or full so that it can be used on the kiddos' or guest beds. 



No comments:

Post a Comment